The experience and insights I gained working as a senior manager for a leading global financial services company, and as a member of the Employment Tribunal, provided me with a broad skill set for organisations who require independent HR support. My consultancy work has built on my corporate experience – working with organisations as diverse as international NGOs, leading independent schools, national charities and CEOs of a wide range of businesses in manufacturing, finance, retail and education.
I work with clients to support and deliver HR services. My work is this area is wide and varied and I can competently turn my hand to most things in this field. Recent projects have included:
- Multiple disciplinary investigations, including for a multi-national covering 8 countries (identifying a previously undetected financial fraud); a situation involving behavioural gross misconduct (bullying and harassment); a physical attack on an fellow employee; breaches of regulatory compliance; gross misconduct requiring involvement with statutory agencies and with potential criminal implications;
- Major organisational development project including closure of offices and redundancy / redeployment challenges with no resultant ET claims; downsizing and reorganisation of a large private sector employer with Union involvement;
- Multiple resolutions of difficult employee situations where employees have issues relating to work, including negotiating and mediating mutually acceptable ‘exits’ and negotiating Compromise Agreements;
- Designing and leading the review, evaluation and reward structure for support roles at a leading independent school;
- Design and delivery of a £25k employee H&W programme of initiatives; design and delivery of an employee intranet and associated policies;
- Design and delivery of a bespoke learning and development programme for line managers for an organisation in change, where effective delivery of results through people was critical;
- Managing IiP accreditation, multiple employee surveys, including questionnaire design, participation, results analysis and inclusive resultant action plans
I have experience and can offer my service in the key areas of:
- Business partnership
- Employee relations
- HR Strategy planning and implementation
- Reward and recognition
- Employee engagement
- Employee health and wellbeing
- Corporate responsibility
- Recruitment and selection
- Managing change
- Executive and future leaders coaching
- Leadership development
- Professional mentoring
I have a wealth of experience and contacts gathered through various social responsibility and business in the community projects, and from my time spent as an Employment Tribunal Member for the London and South East Region in Ashford.
My credentials are robust, I studied business, social science and philosophy at undergraduate level, have a MA in Employment Strategy (with distinction) and am a Chartered Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Fellow since 1998). I also have a Certificate in Transactional Analysis and a Diploma in NLP. I have done the London Business School International Human Resource Strategy in Transforming Organisations programme (a truly career-changing experience) as well as several coaching and mentoring programmes. I was appointed as an Employment Tribunal panel member in 2002 and hold two voluntary NXD Board roles.
I am happy to work an ad hoc projects and on a retained consultancy basis in interim situations or where organisations cannot employ a full time HR director.
Please contact me if you would like to learn more about how I can help you with your organisational HR requirements: